Biomass Pellet Stoves
Biomass Boilers are not only good for the environment but also good on your pocket, with running costs lower than that of oil and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) there has never been a better time to upgrade to this type of heating and hot water system in your home.
Make use of the South West’s glorious sunshine and turn it into free hot water. A particularly efficient method of creating a supply of hot water in the summer, but effective all year round. Solar Thermal is one of the best renewable energies to make use of in this part of the country.
Log Gasification Systems
Our Log Gasification Systems make use of a different style of boiler stove. They are efficient with high heat outputs and they run using logs. All you need to do is fill the boiler up with logs and it will do the rest. Low on emissions and smoke make it an ideal system if you have a plentiful supply of wood.
What is Renewable Energy?
Renewable energy is energy which is generated by any source which is able to replenish itself; such as the sun. The main sources which can be used to generate energy within the home are:
- Hydro (the movement of water)
- Biomass (wood/plants)
- Heat from the air, earth or water
Various technologies are available to harness these natural sources of energy to produce heat or electricity in the home. These include:
- Solar PVs (photovoltaics) – which use the energy from sunlight to produce electricity
- Biomass stoves and boilers – which use the energy from wood pellets to provide heating and hot water. Some stoves can also be used for cooking.
- Solar Thermal – which uses the energy from the sunlight to heat water
- Wind turbines – which use the energy from the wind to produce electricity
Why use Renewable Energy?
There are many reasons for using renewable energy, these include:
- A reduction in the amount of carbon dioxide you produce, therefore reducing your carbon footprint
- Reducing your reliance on non-renewable energy such as oil and gas
- Save money on your electricity and heating bills
- For some technologies such as Solar Thermal and Biomass you can earn money for the units you generate.
The added advantage of living in Cornwall and Devon means that you can benefit from longer sunlight hours compared to the rest of the country.